Monday, January 9, 2023

This Was Not A Slow Day!

Wow... I usually used Monday to catch up, but not today... 

I was getting things done for Alan and then went out for a run and workout... After a quick shower, I was off to pick up games and had to tutor. I was late to pick things up as the apartment was difficult to find. And so I was late to tutor... but then I went long and was late to get home to meet with a dear sister.

Alan was not home as he went to school... he had taken the car for a wash and then bought a part to fix the toilet. He is packed!

Mom was home right on time and there were several phone calls as I'm trying to arrange help for Wednesdays with Alan being gone and no one home to take care of Mom. I think it's settled. I also tried to call about buying tickets for the High Speed Rail! Wow... it's a lot of work as I have to buy three different tickets -- passes for the 'foreigners', discounted tickets for Mom and I, and a regular ticket for Isaiah. I'll have to go to a window to get it done.

Tap dancing was tonight... last class... just rehearsal and since I won't be joining the show on Saturday, I just wanted to run through the steps. I'm terrible!

Then I went and met up with Jon B. and Alan at Chili's for dessert and chips! What fun! 

When I got home, it was already 11:30 and I had to cook for our Bible study tomorrow. I'm making chicken veggie soup. I just needed to cut everything up to put in the electric pressure cooker! Hopefully, it will be delicious when I open the lid tomorrow. It sure smells good!

It's going to be a long day tomorrow... And all week... It's going to be NOT A SLOW WEEK!

Oh... Eddie and Nic have arrived in LA. James and Emma are heading down... And Alan will be there soon... even for just one night. Annie is super happy. She likes the excitement! And it's been a long time since everyone has been together... Well... I'm not there... but Alan will be my representative. He will feast on my behalf!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Bad bosses... Jacob experienced that... BIG TIME! Cheated him, changed his wages 10 times in 20 years, and pretty much treated him as a slave! In my opinion, the Bible tells of every circumstances that we might experience on this side of Heaven. People can gain such insights from the Book... 

READ IT. COVER TO COVER!

Today's Verse - Hebrews 4:12 (KJV) - Emmanuel Baptist Church

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

4 comments:

  1. Where are you going on the high speed rail? Who is the foreigner? Annie? When does she arrive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I arrive on the 21, leaving on the 19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost a month! That will be so great for all of you. So glad you can be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie will be here from the 20th to the 4th of Feb. Eddie and Nic are here from the 26th to the 6th of February. Since they entered with a foreign passport, they qualify for the three day pass on the High Speed Rail. They can have unlimited rides during those three days. Just a trip down to Tainan and back is the same cost as the pass.

    ReplyDelete