Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Truck Rental

What a super productive day!

Abby found a truck rental place and Alan and I went there! We rented a flat bed truck! Drove over and picked up the last few items and drove to our YWAM friends in Taoyuan and dropped everything off! It was so much fun! We couldn't hang out as we wanted to return the truck. We got back and it was a total of three hours -- less than 1,000NT$! We also put in 300NT$ of gas! But I am very tempted to do that again if I ever need to move things! I just need muscle and a driver... ha, ha, ha... I can become the junk mover queen! 

So, I found out that another friend who is trying to clear out her house asked someone to come and estimate the cost of clearing and disposing everything. SHOCKING! 100,000NT$! Another friend posted that she has things to give away as the disposal estimate was much higher than what they had planned! I guess I can have a second career!

We got back and the weather was cool... so I took off for a short 10k run! I didn't have more time because Mom is always so on time!

Abby had gone to help babysit... She didn't have class, although she has reports to finish up! She is the master of procrastination! This evening, she went to meet up with friends for dinner.

Alan got an email... his flight from Taipei to London was CANCELLED! So, he spend the afternoon trying to see what can be done! They can cancel and do nothing to help you find another flight!

Mom Bea listed her house on Zillow... I think it's going to sell fast as the price is so reasonable!

And... I received a message from a friend... the box of winter coats to Mongolia is finally going to be out of customs! I can't tell you how many months the box has been sitting there! The pastor has finally been notified that he can now go and pick it up. The winter is already gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bureaucracy! But I am grateful... she will send me pictures when the coats are finally handed out to the needy of the church members. I won't tell you how much I paid for this 17kilo box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other good news: one student turned in her major research paper, another of my students finished all the necessary Individual Assessments for his diploma! What a month!

Daily Lovely Insight:

1 Peter 1:3 - Bible verse - DailyVerses.net

1 Peter 1:3 - Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus ...

Twitter 上的Innocent Byabagamba:"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord  Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born  again to a living hope through

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630 

2 comments:

  1. IF YOU become the junk hauler, must charge a LOT !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I'd want that as a second career... It's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete