Tuesday, April 5, 2022

The Good & the Bad of Today

The good:

I went to my friend's newly purchased apartment and everyone who was to come to pick up things came and took all the items and some... There are still several things that I have to organize. So, I think I am on schedule and will finish by mid April!

The good:

I was able to talk to several of the people who came. One couple had wanted to buy bunk beds for their boys. So, getting a free bunk beds was a real gift. Another gal had injured her ankle two weeks ago and she loves plants. To pick up plants that she can 'work with' is her happy place. Another man, who was one of the movers, wanted things to ship to the Philippines. I gave him two bags of shoes, flip-flops, household slippers and more. He was very happy!

The good:

I did have time to go for a run! YIPPY. It was a bit warmer than what I like, but still... it was great! The park was quite crowded and one kid ran over my left foot, the same foot that I had sprained. I guess this belongs in the 'bad'.

The good:

Alan and I had time to go for a massage with our blind masseuses. Delightful way to end a very long day!

The bad:

Alan had to take care of Mom and she was super hyper. I came home at 2:15, quite exhausted, but I had to take care of Mom until she finally went to bed. She was up at 3:50 or around 4am and talking, talking, talking. I thought for sure she would be tired and more at rest. NOPE! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

I love reading about Elijah and how God provided for him. And I love reading I Kings 18:46:

1 Kings 18:46 KJV - And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he

The power of the LORD, or the hand of the LORD, or the strength of the LORD... that's what I felt today! Not just for my run, but how the LORD sustained me when I had very little sleep!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

No comments:

Post a Comment