Thursday, April 21, 2022

Still No Time...

I did take a nap after lunch... but I am constantly rushing, rushing, rushing... 

After Mom takes off, it's cleaning... some days I need to do a load, like today. While other days, I can skip that. 

Alan was off to school and Abby took off, too. She didn't have class, but she was helping me to get keys from a friend. We are going to return the costumes tomorrow.

I went for a run at 1:30 and got back for a quick shower before tutoring at 3:30. When that was finished, I was off to the post office and pick up our enlargement! It turned out really nice! I got back just in time as Mom is always very on time! I had dinner ready! And she ate so fast! 

While using one of the old frames I got from when I helped to clean a friend's office, I discovered a print from a Japanese artist. How astounding! I messaged my friend. She will find out if it's worth anything. I will get another frame from the box at the apartment. There are at least 25 more frames there. This one was an old antique that I liked. The ones in the box are all newer... But hey, frames are expensive these days. I enlarged our annual portrait -- 12x15. That size is about 1000NT$ for a frame. So, I will go over tomorrow and get one.

My online student wants to have two weeks of 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes. He says the time is never enough! What a compliment!

Daily Lovely Insight:

My Father God, help me to expect Thee on the ordinary road. I do not ask for sensational happenings. Commune with me through ordinary work and duty. Be my Companion when I take the common journey. Let the humble life be transfigured by Thy presence.

This is from Streams in the Desert... but the thought that is on my mind is that during these 40 days after the Resurrection, we need to expect Jesus to encounter us in the ordinary of our day. Like when the disciples were walking on the road to Emmaus, Jesus walked along side of them and opened their eyes to the word and to His presence. Jesus does commune with me through ordinary work and duty! Make it a prayer that the humble tasks of the day would be transfigured by His presence!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

No comments:

Post a Comment