Saturday, February 5, 2022

Toucheng!

I still got up early even though we didn't sleep until 2:20. I wanted to spend time with Jesus... 

Then I sat down and started reading a book that they had on the coffee table. We were all in a relaxing mode! We decided to go for a workout and a spa shower then head out. I went out for a run. And while I was running, I literally ran into an old student from Ming Chuan. I had ran past her and I thought, "That looks like Jane!" I decided to run back around to take another look. She on the other hand saw me run by and thought, "That looks like Lovely!" So, she walked to the next corner, hoping to intercept me! And we 'ran' into each other at the next intersection! I came back and told Alan, and we decided to hang out with her for part of the afternoon and learn to play Petunque. She coaches that sport now at MCU. Before going to play, we had gone through the Old Street of Toucheng, bought special snacks, and ate at a Mexican Cantina. 

Yu-Chuan then invited us out to dinner... Ramen... and very delicious. She insisted on paying for the meal. We then went to her B&B that she bought along with 6 other friends. It's absolutely beautiful. One of her friends has a whale watching business. So, in March, we hope to come and do that! Again, she wants to 'treat' us to the whale watching!

We went back to the 6-star place that we're staying at and watched NCIS and talked to Isaiah. We packed up as we will need to head back tomorrow.

Daily Lovely Insight:

I am amazed at how the LORD brings about divine appointments... To see this student after almost 10 years. I taught her when I first came back to Taiwan. I remember the class as I had to teach all the soccer players and they had such poor English and learning attitude. But after one year, we came together and they all improved so much! Now, she is an associated professor and working to become a full professor at MCU. Still she calls me 'teacher' with great respect. As we talked over dinner, I will have to visit several of her classmates... one has a restaurant in Kenting, while another has a restaurant in Taipei. I believe the LORD will have more divine appointments for me in the near future!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOW It is always so so good to see your ex students that tell you how you have changed their lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just didn't want her to buy dinner for us, but she insisted!

    ReplyDelete