Friday, February 26, 2021

Better Headlines...

After Mom left for the Elderly Center, I got started with some housework. That's a daily thing... I also did another load of laundry!

Then I went out for another quick run. This time, there were two firemen behind me when I got into the park. They caught up to me and ran past me. I decided to run a little faster and went past them. They decided that they didn't want to be beat by an old lady, so they ran faster. I was up to the challenge, so I sped up. This went on for one kilometer... and then they couldn't keep up! I had a personal record of the fastest kilometer -- 5:02... and of course, the fastest mile and the fastest 10k. 

I got back and took a quick shower. Alan was into the SDSU game against Boise State. We had our prayer time and took off for our lunch at an Indian restaurant. I don't think they are going to be in business for long as the portion was small and the price was high!

We then went to the military drawing ceremony! Isaiah got army, which was what he wanted as he didn't want navy! 

With an upcoming vacation, we decided to brave Costco and RT Mart. Amazing... it was so empty! Alan sat down and had a hot dog and a slice of pizza while I walked to RT Mart for the sweet rice balls that are eaten as it's Lantern Festival! Sesame, red beans, peanut, mocha... Oh... so many flavors!

We were on our scooter... so we packed everything on our scooter... and rode home just before it started to sprinkle. Abby was home and helped carry things in while I worked at putting everything away just minutes before Mom was home!

Tonight we also went to pick the pictures... and after heading back, I made 'tangyuan' for dessert! YUMMY! We ended the evening with family time as the HOP Retreat starts tomorrow and Isaiah will be down in Kaohsiung Sunday and Monday for the tennis tournament! 

Daily Lovely Insight:  

Here are the my insights regarding how Paul's character reflected his surrender to God’s authority:

1.     Paul gets annoyed as can be seen with how reacts in rebuking the girl with a gift so that she lost the gift, which thoroughly upset her "owner".

2.     Paul suffers through a thorn in his flesh which was not healed.

3.     Paul shakes off a viper, showing his faith in fearful circumstances.


And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19

Seek Him First!

Psalm 67:1-7 May God Be Gracious To You On Today — Tell the Lord Thank You


5 comments: