Monday, February 15, 2021

A Full Day...

We had another full day of fun... but it wasn't so fun with my mom... She was hyper and wanting to eat, eat, and eat some more... She was up early or actually up all night, playing with the light switch. We have to figure out a way to disconnect it... 

We went go carting and then to walk around at another famous old street... the place was packed. It was very difficult to push Mom in a wheelchair... Abby and I both want to go back again as the place had so many stalls with so many things to eat and to buy! One stall had export items. I bought Italian wheat spaghetti for about 80cents a pack! They had windbreakers for 3US$! Besides the spaghetti, I also got a seat cover for 3US$! We got home at around 8pm. The chair cover looks great... I should have bought two more! The later it got, the more crowded it got... and more difficult with Mom... 

Isaiah went with Vikki to Danhsui.

Daily Lovely Insight:

It is very difficult to be patient with my mom. There is no way to have a logical sensible conversation with her! And so I need more of Jesus... less of myself. 

We have had no program for this entire week... Last year, we went to Japan and it was exhausting as I barely slept. Mom was up at least 7 times each night. And this year, even though we didn't travel abroad, I'm exhausted! 

I am so grateful that God provided the Elderly Center! I am looking forward to the 17th. I am looking forward to taking a nap and just having more time for contemplation and finishing the questions for our next Bible study focusing on nine selected Psalms! So, I say, Selah... a word used 71 times in the book of Psalms to mean "pause"! I am ready for some time to just 'pause'!

Image result for Selah in the psalms

Seek Him First!



 

4 comments:

  1. Can you hire someone every day when you are on vacation? So she is not hyper and hyper and bothering you? Mom is acting like a three year old.......... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she is weird... yelling at my kids, at Alan and at me! Telling us that we can't tell her what to do as we're not her parents! So I asked where her parents are and she said that they are dead! I asked, how is she going to listen to them if they are dead, unless she wants to join them!?!?! She then said, "I can't hear you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. dementia cannot be explained........

    ReplyDelete
  4. But for her to use the excuse, I can't hear you, when she doesn't want to answer anymore was very interesting... It was like she knew what she was saying! But yes, it's pointless to try to be logical with a person who has dementia!

    ReplyDelete