Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Very Productive Day!

Can't believe how much I got done today... 

A load of laundry, cooking for the weekend, finishing the ppt for Coffee Break, prepping for the SAT tutoring sessions, getting my hair washed (what a treat!), bought two new pairs of glasses (my prescription has gone up to 550 and my present pair of glasses are 400! No wonder I was having a hard time seeing things clearly, especially at night). I got two pairs because one pair was 30US$. Two pairs were 43US$. I was going to just get one, but the lady showed me another frame... Very nice. And the lens will have UV coating... One pair is gray and the other pair will be maroon. What's amazing is that the original price of my frames: 230US$ and the other 130US$! I guess they are trying to get rid of their inventory as the frames I picked had only one of each! There are lots of specials as it is just before Chinese New Year!  I'm quite excited. And both pairs will be ready by Monday after 6pm. So fast!

Alan went to the old house and picked up the donations that I bagged up. He also got the car washed! Mom had her massage, and I went and bought fruit. We took the bus home. She loves riding the public transportation and then walked home. I had the wheelchair, so I pushed most of the way and forced her to walk the last 200 meters!

I took a short nap as I had to stay up for Coffee Break, which was at 1:30am, Sunday morning!

Abby called and her friend and her got into a scooter accident. God protected them as they are ok. Got scraped up! The whole group will take the train and not ride the stretch from Hualien to Ilan! That's a very precarious route that we had hoped they wouldn't ride. But it is difficult to talk sense into young people who think they are invincible sometimes. So, although we didn't like seeing her scraped up, we are thankful!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I'm reading Exodus and I am reminded that our heart is too fickle. The Israelites said that they would obey the LORD and then Moses went up the mountain to receive the 10 Commandments. However, in less than 40 days, they turned and made the golden calf! 

If we can just push through for 40 days, I think we would be able to achieve many goals!

Image result for Enduring through 40 days

Seek Him First!



2 comments:

  1. Glad Abby is ok, that stretch can be very dangerous, them kids .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now... they are thinking about renting a car... I hope they don't do anything 'stupid'...

    ReplyDelete