Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Our Annual Christmas/Year-end Newsletter

Image result for merry christmas images
Over our Christmas breakfast, we shared about our highlights from 2018. 
Image result for 2018 with encouraging words
Here they are--

Alan:
1. Going to Australia to see the Grand Slam, which fulfilled one of my item on my bucket list. I always thought I'd go to see the US Open, never thinking I'd be in Australia. It was a wonderful father/son experience as well.
2. Grandma's arrival has been a major change in all of our lives.
3. Supporting Abby through her college interview process as I drove her to all the different schools.
4. Going with the English Boy's basketball team to Tainan. That was fun as Isaiah was on the team.
5. McKenna's wedding on July 7th in the States, which was also my 60th birthday!
6. Having a FAMILY TRIP to northern Calfornia was very special as we saw many wonderful friends -- Rex Manu and his family, Nancy & Serge and their kids, Judy and Jon and some of their kids, Lovely's old friend, Angel and her family, as well as my nephew Chris who lives in Fort Bragg's.
7. Taking two groups of students to two different places for two different events all in the same month -- Debate Team to Shanghai and a group of 6 to Miyasaki (Isaiah was part of this group).

Isaiah:
1. I decided to double major in International Trade. This has made my school life very busy as I have classes on two campuses and I have to take Applied Calculus.
2. I have a girlfriend. Her name is Vikki. She is also in the English Department.
3. Grandma moving to Taiwan as I now sleeps in the living room.
4. I'm more involved in the HOP Worship Team as well as the Tennis team at Soochow University.
5. Going to the Australian Open with Dad.
6. Our Family Trip this summer to San Francisco.
7. Going to Miyasaki, Japan and experiencing the culture and meeting the people.

Abby:
1.  I finished with the Joint College Entrance Exam.
2. I won the Mayor Award upon graduating upon from Nanhu Senior High School.
3. I felt such regret during the application process as once the choices were made, I couldn't change them. I actually can say that I hated the process and was exhausted and disappointed. I ended up at Soochow University, Social Work Department, but I was not satisfied with this choice.
4. Spending part of my summer in the States and having my cousin, Hailey, do my hair.
5. Grandma moving to Taiwan. I was tested beyond my breaking point. I lost my cool and realized how easily it was for me to get angry with her. She has some nasty habits that were irking me and all of us.
6. I started to work at the local cram school. It was very challenging to prepare for my classes each week.
7. I joined the SW Departmental Girls' Basketball Team and have made some wonderful friends at school.

Lovely:
There are just too many highlights for 2018. I can't even begin to share my thoughts and feelings. Daddy George passed away in February and we moved my mom to Taiwan. What I tell people is that this is a season in my life when I don't have that much freedom... I have to always consider who is going to be home to take care of Mom... It's very restricting... God has been my constant source of all I need... and He continues to bear me up upon His shoulders! 2018 had many unexpected surprises that were both good and bad... but one thing remains true -- God is good... all the time!
Tomorrow, I will share what verse each person picked for their 2019 FOCUS!

Seek Him First!
Image result for merry christmas images

5 comments:

  1. It is very interesting to reed about all that happened to your family in year 2018

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you noticed how each person mentioned the arrival of my mom, living here with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course that is a huge change.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby was very honest in what she wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not like Mom is living in her own place with helpers... and we drop by to say hello... She lives with us! 24/7! Like when we lived with our grandparents... especially our grandma!

    ReplyDelete