Thursday, December 6, 2018

Run Packet Arrived... And Very Sad Tragic News...

When I came home from taking Mom to her massage, there was a package waiting for me at our guard booth... it was the packet for my upcoming run... I'm filled with trepidation... What will the weather be like? Will I get lost? Are the hills going to be too steep? How about the "old paths"? What are they like?

But besides feeling trepidation, I forgot to mention the phone call I received last night...

After our Wednesday night counseling session, I picked up my cell phone and noticed that an old friend from the States was trying to call me via LINE... His wife was expecting a baby. We had prayed together last December just before their wedding anniversary that before their anniversary this December God would bless them with a baby. They came to Taiwan earlier this year, thinking maybe they'd have to try IVF, but they got pregnant naturally. I thought he was calling to tell me that the baby had arrived already -- just a few weeks early...

That was not the case...

He was crying on the phone... and his first words were, "Geraldine is gone... and so is the baby!" I stood there, in silence... What? What is he talking about? And he continued, "We were having dinner tonight... at a friend's house... and she was talking... and all of a sudden, she stopped. She had a stroke... I tried to give her mouth to mouth resuscitation, but she was gone... The baby too... " I could not process what he was saying... He repeated his words and added details... about the check-up earlier in the day and how the ultrasound picked up that the baby's heart beat was a bit 'off'... and how the doctor said that they needed a second ultrasound later in the afternoon... and if the heart beat was still off... they'd have to do a C-section... and that the second ultrasound was more normal so they went to their friend's house... He continued talking... about the hospital... about the coroner... about the room that was all ready for their baby... and he ended saying that he had to go back to the hospital...

We hung up... My heart was racing... My head was spinning... And I was ... feeling all sorts of emotions... I won't go into more details... but I did not sleep well last night...
\
Would you remember to pray for this man? Pray as the Lord leads you to pray... because I don't even know what or how to pray...

Seek Him First!
Image result for christmas verses


3 comments:

  1. Thank you... They want to bring the body back to Taiwan... but the body won't be released for at least 10 days... Please pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary... It would be your 61st Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete