Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Reflection...

The more I think about the run this past Saturday, the more I know it was a miracle...

I went on line on 10/10 to see what runs were coming up... and saw the 12/15 run... Oh, I thought... It's on a Saturday... and 55K... not too bad... I signed up and in the afternoon went down to the local convenience store and paid... 1755NT$!

They sent me the confirmation that day and I had time to 'study' the route... Oh... The old highway to Ilan... Through the mountain paths... I asked Alan to help to figure out what the map meant... and I realized... although the distance was reasonable, the mountains were going to be tough...

Knowing that my time was limited in terms of training, I decided to run six days a week, 30 minutes each time...

And that's what I did... From 10/10 to 12/14... During these past two months, I had maybe two one hour runs...Otherwise, it was just the quick 30 minutes...

All this to say that I was NOT close to ready when 12/15 came...

It was only by the strength of Jesus through the prayer support of so many that I made it and at a time that I felt was incredible... and to think that two days later, I feel almost fully recovered. I went on a slow 30 minute run today and had only very slight soreness... I'm amazed!

One more thing that I want to mention... The run was called Taipei to Yilan Along the Ancient Path. The route we ran was the 'old road', which was the only road to go from Taipei to Yilan. More recently, the "Snow Tunnel" was finished and very few cars, buses, or trucks travel this route. Scooters still do as they are not allowed in the Snow Tunnel. But the Ancient Path reminded me of the verse  Jeremiah 6:16 -
Image result for Jeremiah 6:16
Isn't this beautiful???

Now... I have two more months -- from 12/15 to 2/16... before my next run. Although there will be no hills, no mountains... it will be the duration of the 'shuffle'...

Please pray! I don't even want to tell you my goal for this next one...

I'm trusting the Lord to carry me through... But do start praying now -- the weather and endurance! Saturday, February 9th!

Seek Him First!
Image result for christmas verses

4 comments:

  1. I am praying for you on these runs but down in my heart I don't think you should risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the solitude... It's an amazing feeling to be out there, alone... yet not alone.

    ReplyDelete