Sunday, December 30, 2018

Looking Forward to 2019 -- Lovely

Where do I start?

Yesterday I went to a wedding by myself. The daughter of one of my Bible study ladies had gotten married in the States and came back for a Taiwan banquet! While riding there, even in the cold and rain, I thought... "It would be so nice to have one day a month just to do my own things."

So, that will be the first thing I'd like to put on my list --
1. To have one day a month when I can rest and relax and not have to do anything... Go for longer runs... ride around Taipei... go out with my Christian friends... do anything or do nothing! In fact, Mom Bea said that for the cruise in July, she'd be happy to stay on the ship and not go on any land excursions... I thought... that's a great idea. I think I'll just hang out with her and sit by the pool and do nothing...
2. Two cruises -- We never planned on going on two cruises but this is what God has done. I rejoice to see what He has planned.
3. Since I didn't do the 12 hour run in Feb. of 2018, I will be doing it in 2019. I'm actually looking forward to it with trepidation... I know the route this time... no hills... but will I be able to stay on my feet for 12 hours? What will the weather be like? How many kilometers will I be able to finish?
4. Speaking opportunities -- I have been assigned a few in this first half of the year... and the Chinese church invited me back again... So we will see what other opportunities the Lord will bring my way.
5. I want to keep up with my different language learning... but it's a wonderful goal... that I always add, "If only I had some free time..." In fact, ...
6. I'd like to have time to sit down and actually work together with our neighbor who is an illustrator and get a children's book published! Again... "If only I had some free time..."
7. I look forward to many things in 2019 -- our annual family portraits... time with friends and families... For the two cruises, we will hit a couple of new places -- Prince Edward's Island and Vietnam. I enjoy visiting new places... I always like to hear Abby's new songs, so I hope she'll write a few more... And I know that God has more breakthroughs and healings for 2019! I look forward to new insights the Lord has prepared for me. I also always look forward to the serendipitous trip the Lord prepares for me and my best friends. So... you see... so many things to look forward to...

How about you? What are you looking forward to in 2019?

Seek Him First!
Image result for New Year CHristian quotes

2 comments: