Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Apartment for Sale

I think because my mom was a real estate agent, I enjoy 'house hunting'. And since I have a small monthly pension (less than 300US$!), I thought I would look for an investment property. For the last 8 months, I've gone to many places. A couple of times, Alan 'allowed' me to drag him along!

I check the web sites and call the agents.

Last week, I saw one which looked interesting -- someone killed himself in the apartment! In this culture, this is not good... and there are different grades of 'bad'... did the person jump? Take sleeping pills? Hang or drown himself?

Today, I went and saw the apartment. It's in a 45 year old building! So you can imagine how old this place is. It has no elevator and was once public housing. The inside is about the size of a hotel room. The only advantage is that it's about a 5 minute walk from the MRT Station and the Shihlin Night Market. The crazy thing is that it's still about 130,000US$!

Of course, I always think there is potential. If Alan went, he might have fainted... ha, ha, ha...

I will pray for 7 days before calling him back with an answer.

To fix up the inside, I think that will cost another 40,000US$!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 59:10

No comments:

Post a Comment