Saturday, September 17, 2022

Last Day in Paris...

Today was our last full day in Paris. Isaiah had 'mapped' out where we were to go... and I knew it'd involved a lot of walking. So, in the morning after my time with Jesus, I was thinking about going for a run, but I really don't like running in our area. Anyhow, I decided to stay and rest... and then went down for breakfast at 9am. I made sandwiches again and had a yogurt and I love the baguettes with jam and butter! We finished all the food in the fridge... and had lunch ready.

Isaiah came down and after our simple breakfast, we were out the door by 10am.

We took the subway out to our first stop... St. Paul and the little village... and the list again is long... we had the Arc of Triumph plus Champ Elysee... and the val de grace and many more places. We ended the day at Montmartre and the Basilica on the hilltop! We walked down to Moulin Rouge and took the bus home. Again, we stopped at the Grill of Istanbul for dinner. The guy welcomed us with the biggest smile! It was a wonderful end to a great day.

I forgot to mention that we had ice cream cones on the Champ Elysee -- Jeff de Brugge... and at the top in the Montmartre area, we bought a crepe with Nutella and banana!

The bus ride was also fun... at night the traffic wasn't bad and we got to see more of Paris.

We did walk through one area today that was surrounded by police and military officials. The whole block was quarantined off. We also saw the American and the British and the Japanese Embassies. We were on Embassy Row. There were two beautiful pictures of the queen and flowers laid underneath. All the flags of these embassies were at half mast. 

After getting back, we got to talk to our roommate from Italy who got the best deal of the Interail pass -- two months for 270Euro! He can hop on and hop off the train whenever and wherever he likes. It was some kind of Eurail Anniversary Sale! What? And no age limit. I need to buy that! But I don't have two months! 

Tomorrow, we leave to take the Eurostar back to London and from there to Coventry. We hope to catch the evening service in at Hillfield Church.

And I did not reach my weekly running goal of 40 kilometers per week. But I have been fulfilling my daily step minimum. In fact, I've walked way above the daily goal of 12,000 steps!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Micah 7:7 | Scripture Pictures by Verse | Amazing Facts | Scripture  pictures, Scripture, Christian devotionsMicah's Prayer Answered - She Reads Truth -She Reads Truth

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments: