Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Another Full Day!

It was another full day of everything I wanted to do here and much much more... I think I can stay here another year! And to try everything that I want to eat, I need at least another week. 

The kids have been great. They are totally willing to eat gelato twice a day! And we have not done the Pomme Frittes Stand and the "Piano Bar", which is now going by another name. That's the place with coffee that was served in a bowl topped with a huge amount of whipped cream. But again, I don't see that being served anywhere on the Haupstrasse! 

OK, let me back up a bit.

This morning I was up early... I just didn't want to miss a minute of my time here in Heidelberg. I decided to run to the furtherest bridge and then back... all along the Neckar... In the early morning, with that crisp air, it was magical! Unfortunately, it was barely 12kms. 

Then after a shower and a simple breakfast (I buy Kuchen and Strudel the night before), the kids were ready to walk! We looked at thrift stores, souvenir shops, and department stores. At Kaufhof, we found Abby's sleeping bag and sleeping pad... both on sale! They were only 26Euro! YEAH GOD!

We then went to all the stores nearby and found lots of goodies... snacks! The kids looked at me and said, "No wonder you gained 15 kilos here!" I have only four days to eat all the things I love from Heidelberg. (For dinner, they finally got to try my favorite Spatzel, German homemade noodles!)

We walked back to our apartment before heading out for PhilosphenWeg! What a great hike! The kids were great... We went all the way to the very top and hit all the major spots! It took the entire afternoon! From across the way, you can see the Castle and Moore Haus and the Old Bridge... Oh, how I loved going along this path in all four seasons... to capture that view! 

And since we were on the other side, we decided to go out for dinner at a restaurant there! Of course, we had another gelato before heading back to our apartment!

I started packing things up so that we won't be rushed tomorrow morning, plus I hope to go for another run! I will again be singing the hymn, How Great Thou Art... 

What a beautiful time I've had here!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Psalm 95:1 - Scripture Printable - Meditations by April

Seek Him First!

Julia Gathoni on Twitter: "2 Peter 3:9 The Lord does not want anyone to  perish but all to enter into repentance that is why #ThisRepentanceCall is  demanded https://t.co/UhH0yXEB7s" / Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I understand being ready to spend another year there. What a magical and beautiful place. I’m so glad you made the most of it and had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having such a fantastic time... I can't even describe the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My feet are sore just reading again.....

    ReplyDelete