Friday, September 23, 2022

Last Day in the UK!

What a blessing to spend the day with our friends, Phil and Fran, and their little boy, Peter!

The journey here was tedious... but totally worth it!

On Thursday, I got up early... got everything packed and cleaned and made sure Isaiah had breakfast. He was still feeling a bit under the weather!

We were out the door at 10:55 and caught the bus! From where the bus stopped, we had to walk to the station! With more than 75 kilos (maybe like 100), we each had about 50 kilos. It was not an easy walk. We caught our train, which had to transfer at Northampton. Now, that was a major chore as they changed the platform three times. So, we had to lug everything back and forth... We arrived in London at 1:40 and thankfully, did not need to rush, but we had to get from Euston to Waterloo... via the subway! And London subway does not always have lifts or escalators. We were at the Waterloo station by 2:20 and our train was at 2:45! YIPPY! I had crumpets in my bags, so we ate three of them. Crumpets are my favorites... Can't find those in Taiwan. And I was hoping to have Ethiopian food, and didn't get that on this trip!

We arrived in Liphook, the station nearest to their home, and Phil picked us up! HOW NICE!

Fran made a full on 7 course dinner for us... and it was so lavish! We feasted well.

And we stayed up to chat until past 12midnight!

Today, we were out for breakfast at Harvester and then went and toured around the area.

The weather was so nice... I think I would have liked to have gone for a run... Instead, I went out walking.

It's hard to believe that my vacation is so soon over!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Zechariah 2:8

Apple of His Eye - Ever Thine Home

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments:

  1. With Isaiah still out of it, that's all we could do... I didn't want to exhaust him. I would have liked to have gone out... the vacation went by too quickly!

    ReplyDelete