Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Queen Has Passed!

That was the big news that hit while we were waiting for the train! Maybe that was why it was delayed for two hours!

This morning, I was up... and went out running. The rain had come and the clouds were still low. It was the perfect fall weather for a run... it was a gift from God! I ran up the Neckar with the Castle to my right... and the clouds just covered part of it... with the trees filled with colorful leaves... Honestly, I could have ran to Eberback, 33 kilometers away, and enjoyed every minute of it. The air was crisp... The wind was light... The smell of fall surrounded me as did the Presence of God.

I came back and showered and got the place cleaned up. We packed and left our sweet apartment at 11:50. We walked down to the Central Train Station... stopping at different places. But we were at the train station by 2:40! We looked up a couple of fun stores and went there... We bought Prinz Cookies and I got a couple of gifts at a second hand store... We went down to the platform... and NO TRAIN! I ran up to ask... The train was going to be delayed for 140 minutes! WHAT? I could have had a full day in Heidelberg. But with the luggage, we couldn't do much. I could have asked for the luggage to be kept at the apartment IF I KNEW THE TRAIN WAS NOT UNTIL 7pm!

We had food... We texted the YWAM people and the person where we were to stay! 

We finally arrived in Freiburg at 9pm. Laura from YWAM met us and we took the tram to the YWAM base. She had some curry with rice! YEAH! We chatted and ate. Then it was a short walk to where we'd be staying. Abby is staying at the Base as several of the participants have already arrived. Tomorrow we will go and get some things done... and on Saturday, we will go and tour the city. On Sunday, we will go to church together and then we will take off... WAHHHHHHHH... It won't be easy to say good bye to her!

Now, Isaiah is weird out because the place that we are staying at is someone's home! He has never done this. I love it... The guy is really nice! He works in Basel and he is smart to do this! He rents out one of the bedrooms... and I picked this place because of the location. It is a two minute walk to the base!

I will go and run tomorrow... Explore this area a bit... I have a feeling that it will be too easy to get lost here. We will see... The tram is a bit expensive to go into town. So, I think we will walk tomorrow or look into buying the three day pass! It's a bit expensive -- 27 Euro per person!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The simplicity of trust... That's the lesson that I am learning each day! God is alive... So... ALL IS WELL!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments: