Friday, September 16, 2022

A Day at the Louvre!

That's exactly what we did... 

We had bought tickets to enter at 10am, so after our breakfast, we took the subway and was at the entrance by 9:51! The line had already formed!

We were able to chat with Will and Adam, a father and son, who were traveling in France for two weeks. After entering, we never ran into them again. Isaiah navigated and we walked. At around 2pm, we stopped for lunch. We went out to the balcony and had our ham& cheese sandwich and Starbucks coffee! We each had a VENTI cafe macchiato! 

Then we started walking again... trying to see everything... the Mona Liza, the Liberty, Egyptian, Babylonian, Roman, Grecian, you name it, we hit it!

At 8pm, we sat down and I had a nice chat with a gal from Ecuador and I prayed with her before saying good bye. We were able to 'friend' each other on Facebook!

We saw the Mona Lisa again... this time, without the crowd. We also were able to take a picture in front of the Wedding of Cana! After 9pm, the crowd lessen and we were able to 'run' to some of our "favorites" for a better picture! They started kicking people out at 9:35 and we had to leave! We stood in front of the Louvre for several more pictures!

We were on the subway at 9:55 and got to the area near our hostel. A kabab place was opened! YEAH! We had our dinner for 8Euro each... it was delicious. I think it was super delicious because we were so glad to be sitting down... and the place was nice and warm. The owner was nice too... 

We were back and found that we have a new roommate. He's not very neat! We didn't meet him. We just saw how he threw his stuff all over the room! At least it was on his side of the room! Oh well... Let's see how long he stays. We've had a gal, a guy... and now another guy!

Last night I didn't sleep well because there was a mosquito. I was finally able to kill it just after my quiet time this morning. But it had already 'gotten blood' out of me! 

Tomorrow, we have a long list of places to go... I'm wondering if I should go for a run in the morning! I like to run, but it's difficult when I get lost so easily. The path along the River that I ran was not long enough and I got into two homeless camp areas... NOT NICE! These camps are set up under the bridges along the river. I'd love to go and run around these big gardens... but those are a subway ride away. Anyhow, I will decide tomorrow.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Verse of the Day - Micah 5:4 - iDisciple

Micah 5:5 – Hope Social

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments:

  1. DONT go near the homeless camps, you are walking so much anyway... b safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will not go through that area...

    ReplyDelete