Sunday, September 25, 2022

Back in Taipei!

What a month is has been... I can't believe how fast it flew by... And how ready I am for another trip!

Early Saturday morning, I was up, spent time with Jesus, and took a shower. Then I had a cup of coffee, and Phil was up, helping to load all the bags in the car. Together, the four of us had time to pray together and we were off.

We arrived at London Heathrow, and they now charge 5 pounds just for curbside drop-off! The British government must really be hurting for money! Phil left as his brother and dad were coming over at lunch time and we wanted him to go back and rest! It was already so sweet of him to drive us!

The counter was opened and it was barely 6am. So, we checked in and sat at Costa Coffee and ate toast. We went through immigration so quickly as they had a new machine. We didn't need to take out our lap top or anything.

As we walked around, Isaiah wanted to buy a couple of more gifts. So, we went to Harrod's... I love that shop! Too bad there weren't any grocery stores as I would have wanted to buy some crumpets.

Now... I forgot to tell about the check-in miracle. 

Isaiah was to have one bag, 40 kilos. I was meticulously sure to weigh everything. So I knew that was at 35! Sure enough 34.9! But it would not move on the conveyor belt. She called her supervisor over. And she says, "It's over the weight limit!" But we have 40kilos. So, she says, "Oh, you can move some of the stuff to another bag and check in an extra piece for free!" Ha, ha, ha... I COULD HAVE BOUGHT FIVE KILOS OF CRUMPETS! We moved over to the side, took out four kilos and put it in my carry on. We checked in that piece at 11.7 (I had that piece exactly at 7.7) Isaiah's piece was down to 30.9. The conveyor belt moved! My carry on was at 11.7 and my piece of luggage was 24.9! Everything went through and we only had one carry on plus our computer backpacks and Isaiah's tennis rackets. Amazing!

The flight to Singapore was packed. The meals were delicious and I watched the new Dr. Strange movie! Yeah! I tried to nap on and off... the 13 hours went by very quickly!

We were in Singapore at 5:45 and waited to see what the gate for our next flight was going to be. I walked around and checked out the shops. I had cash, but I didn't buy anything. Like Japan, I love the pharmacies at the Changi Airport. They have some great massage creams and watermelon frost, which unfortunately, they have discontinued to carry! The airport has a swimming pool and lots of transit hotels and sitting areas. We saw a lot of people sleeping on the floor and thought, "That could have been us!" 

I was also messaging Suz as her daughter Sarah was in labor! She had the baby before I boarded my next plane! YIPPY!

The next flight went out from Terminal 2, which was very deserted. And it was on time! This flight was four hours with no time change and we were in Taiwan by around 4:45!

The process of getting out of the airport was quite laborious... First a form had to be filled out... then it was sent back on your phone. That's how they will be tracking you. You must have your phone on 24/7. Then you line up to go through a health inspector, who gives you two antigen tests, a vile for saliva and a slip. You then walk to immigration and baggage claim. When that's finished, you walk out of the airport to this other area where you get into a stall to spit and turn in your vile. They will inform you of the 'PCR' test result. We then pushed our luggage to a taxi stand and your health form is again scanned. A designated taxi takes you to your quarantine place. We pay only 1000$. The government picks up the rest!

We arrived here at 6:30... and Alan was here by around 6:33! He had brought coffee packets and donuts and American cereal.

We got the keys and went upstairs. Our friend, Jenny, had also prepared tons of food! We won't be able to finish half of what she prepared. I unpacked and settled in and took a shower. The place is just absolutely perfect! What a miracle!

Isaiah and I watched an online service. He is getting up at 4:30 for the Charger Game. I am not... But I will probably be up to read!

On Thursday, we can go back home... Yenny, the caretaker, is at the house until Thursday, 7pm! Alan will care for Mom on Friday and this weekend. On Monday, I'm back on duty... By Thursday, Isaiah and I are under 'self-quarantine' rules. We can't go to crowded places, like Costco. But we can go back to our residence and be in the master bedroom. We can also go out for runs or exercise. To leave, we must first take an antigen test. Label it with our name and date it. Take a picture for proof. We don't need to send it to anyone!

This has been a fantastic trip... so many amazing memories made... I truly am making plans for my next trip... well, at least just mentally... I wouldn't go to Paris again. I'd like to hit some parts of Southern France. I'd go to Switzerland again, but closer to the Alps and hike more around there. I want to go up to Scotland again and do the highlands and walk along the coast. And of course, I'll go to Heidelberg and stay just a bit longer! In London, I missed eating more crumpets and did not hit an Ethiopian restaurant. In Germany, I did not eat enough pommes frites mit mayonnaise and toppings. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

God always ends with HOPE and RESTORATION!

Zechariah 9:12 Return to the stronghold, You prisoners of hope. Even today  I declare That I will restore double to you. | Words of jesus, Scripture,  Gods promises

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging on your trip so we could follow along. What a wonderful time you had. Try to rest during your quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOUR days of no running, what you gonna do? jog in place yes !!!

    ReplyDelete