Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Here in Paris...

It was raining this morning... I love the look of the sky!

I went out for a run, which was totally enjoyable and made it even more difficult to say goodbye to Switzerland! I must come back again! I love the yogurt here... I love the cheese here... I love the natural scenery and the slower pace of life. Thinking about going back to Taiwan is very difficult!

We got to the train station as it stopped raining... We tidied up the apartment and locked everything up. The owner had gone on vacation, so we put the keys in the mailbox!

The train came at 11:05 and we were in Lausanne and then on to Paris. It was a whole day of traveling... but the scenery outside the window was very tranquil.

We also had food, so no problem.

We got to Paris at around 4:15 and took the metro to our lodging. We have two beds in a three bed mixed room! It has its own bathroom, which is very nice!

And there is a kitchen, but not very well maintained. The whole place is a bit run down! I think it's the worst of the ones we've stayed at thus far.

Breakfast is buffet-style and included. We will come down anytime from 7-10pm.

We went out and walked around to the Seine River and then bought our food to eat at the "hotel".

I blogged and went to bed early. Tomorrow will be an early day for me. Isaiah helped me to chart out the run-in path. It's very nearby! And I can probably do 9kms. before breakfast. We also reserved our tickets to the Pantheon and planned out our walking tour for the next three days.

Our 'hotel' is quite near the Gare de Nord, so it will be easy to get to Eurostar on Sunday!

Last night I had a lovely chat with Abby. She finally had time to call. She will be silent for the next four days, but it was so delightful to catch up with her. She is getting used to being there!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Psalm 95

Psalms 95:1 Come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the  Rock of our salvation. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible  App Now

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

3 comments: