Friday, September 9, 2022

Freiburg Fun!

I went for a run and sure enough, I got really lost. I found a post man and asked him to give me direction. He ended up driving me back to the YWAM base! Hilarious! He first had to stop to deliver a package and then we were off... I was so turned around that I could not get back. It felt like I was running in circles!

After a shower, Isaiah and I went to pick up Abby. We walked into town instead of taking a tram. It was so enjoyable. Very easy walk... And at the bank, we found out we have to make an appointment to open an account. Then we went through the old town a little and Abby bought a pair of shorts. We got to the Aldi Supermarket, where they sell 'start up SIM card'. Hopefully that will work well for Abby.

We then rushed back to our lodging as I had Bible study at 2:30. I was 15 minutes late. But it was a wonderful time!

I didn't get to talk to Alan, but he is busy trying to get packed and ready to take off for Taiwan.

Abby, Isaiah and I took off again... this time, we walked to the lake. I knew the way as it was where I was so terribly lost! We had dinner at a pizza place and I had a calzone! YEAH! Spinach calzone! We found a dollar store, sort of... and a super market. Abby bought a few things and we bought things for breakfast.

This evening, it was just a relaxing time. Abby went to hang out with the DTS participants. They are all very young. The Europeans will be arriving by Sunday, so we have only met the international participants as they need to get over jet lag. We have also met the staff, which has been fun!

Tomorrow is a day of walking and hiking... Isaiah and Abby will plan it. We have already decided on the church for Sunday. Unfortunately, we might miss church on the 18th. I'm trying to see if we can catch an afternoon service! I have really enjoyed attending a service every Sunday during these days of travel.

Daily Lovely Insight:

amos 5:14 – I Live For JESUS !amos 5 and 6

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

4 comments:

  1. Another great day! Such a nice mail man. Did your ember enough German to talk him auf Deutsch ? I would not. 40 years without use it is mostly gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And saying good bye to Abby, wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are exactly two week away from returning to Taiwan. I don't know how the time has passed so quickly!

    ReplyDelete