Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!

15+ Inspiring Free Religious Merry Christmas Images – EntertainmentMesh

Starting today, I will be posting our annual updates. 

Here is Alan's:

Alan 2021

1.    Went on family outings before Isaiah’s departure for grad school in the UK, such as Ali Mountain from April 2-4th

2.    Planned and held ICEE Week at Soochow University from May 3rd – 7th, just before Level 3 Covid Lockdown on May 17th. Soochow University went to online teaching for the rest of the school year, resulting in no graduation ceremony for Isaiah. No tennis. No basketball. Mask was required even for a run or a bike ride. All restaurants were closed for indoor dining. Things finally eased up on July 27th.

3.    Gave the Father’s Day message at House of Praise on August 8th, which was unique since I’m usually in the States at that time.

4.    Acquired some great bikes from the ‘trash’ at our complex.

5.    Sent Isaiah off on September 21sts to study at Warwick University in England.

6.    Delayed start of Soochow due to Covid then had two weeks of online classes.

7.    Won first place in the National University Faculty and Staff Basketball Tournament in Taichung on November 11/14. Abby went with me and we had a great Daddy-Daughter Time! 

The ups and downs of this year have reminded me that the Lord is the one Constant. In the midst of the chaos, I must trust Him who gives me peace and security. I may not know what is going to happen, but the Lord does. He is my refuge. 


My personal verse for 2022 is Psalm 18:2: 

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Joy, Peace, Love & Laughter- those four words were the theme for this year's Annual HOP White Elephant Christmas Party! It was a lot of work... tremendous amount of work, but so worth it! We had more than enough food, gifts and joyous memories! 

And I was again so inspired and awed by the coming of Jesus in the town of Bethlehem, born in a stable, laid in a manger, wrapped in swaddling cloths. Astounding! It's a thought that I will never be able to 'wrap' my mind around... The Son of God, the Immanuel, coming in the most humble way, and dying in the most horrific way... His love shines from beginning unto forever... 

Golden Bible Verse John 3 16 for God so Loved the World, Made Hand  Lettering with Heart and Cross. Stock Vector - Illustration of hope,  lettering: 146395323

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Prayers and Petitions

2 comments: