Monday, December 27, 2021

Annual Update, Part 3

Abby 2021:

1. Even during Covid, I was able to travel with family and friends, especially the "Around Taiwan in 10 Days, Scooter Trip." My classmates and I were really fortunate to be able to do the trip together. God sent His Angels to keep us from harm. Jesus is surely our Emmanuel. 

2. I was the captain of my Social Work Department Girls’ Basketball Team. My teammates and I both found a great new coach!!! What a praise!! We played fairly well until Taiwan went into Lockdown with Level 3 Alert. That ended our tournament play. I think it was a gift from God, giving me a break from basketball. We thought things would open up again, but it never did. We held online meetings and elected the new captain and co-captain.

3. I got accepted to a summer internship working with a community near our home. God led me through fire and water during this internship experience. There were times of fun and stress, busyness and relaxing. I’m really grateful for the experience. When the internship finished, I had to do two presentations. They were difficult projects, but my professors commended us for a job well done. 

4. As a senior now, I have less classes, but a big part of my schedule now is tutoring. I teach several different kids. I also work as one of the ministry assistants for our church. I praise God for the opportunities I have to earn and save some money. I am learning to use my time wisely, an aspect of my life that is a work in progress.

Looking ahead to 2022, I'm expecting to graduate in early June, then possibly go overseas for a six-month DTS program in Germany from September to around April. 


My verse for 2022 is Psalm 86:1: "Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name." 


May God continue to guide me in His path, so that I can live for His glory.


Daily Lovely Insight:

Another point from the message yesterday was: 


With Jesus in our heart, we should look at everything with wonder!


Recapturing the Wonder of God | Grace Fox Ministries

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Prayers and Petitions

2 comments: