Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Fighting Off A Cold... and Getting So Much Done!

Actually, all I wanted to do today was sleep... But Alan had a day off and we had many things to get done before he takes off early Friday morning...

In the back of our car, we had two huge bags of donations... then I had shoes to donate to a school that was collecting for Africa... and I had coats to donate for the church second hand clothing rack... After that was done, we went to a bank to get money exchange for Alan. The wait was long and when one of the receptionist found out that we wanted to exchange money, she sent us across the street. No wait and no fees! Nice receptionist! We then went to Costco... and by now, Alan was starving. So he had a piece of pizza and a hot dog... We had stopped at our usual fruit stand where I bought some apples. So, I was in the mood for some fresh fruit... I ate an apple and the pepperoni off his pizza. He also got me some sauerkraut!

We weren't finished yet...

We headed over to Carrefour to buy a replacement piece for the helmet, tissue (Costco tissue is just too much... where do people store that amount of tissue packets?), and mayonnaise... We had one more errands, but it was already 3pm and I had to tutor at 5pm. So we headed home.

After putting everything away and getting Mom's dinner and bedtime routine set, I was out like a light on the sofa... I might have been snoring... 45 minutes later, I was up and out the door.

Tutoring went well... On one of the corners, there was a pile of nice plastic containers. If I wasn't on a scooter, I would have taken all of them. I only took one!

Alan and I had a nice evening meal... no complex meeting, no counseling... it was just the two of us...

The kids had their own activities -- Isaiah was tutoring and Abby was at the Soochow Youth Fellowship. She wanted to come home and make mac and cheese. She got six boxes for her birthday surprise! I had a friend bring them from the States!

I plan to take time tomorrow to rest... and recover! Really!!!?!?!?!

Seek Him First!
Image result for I John 3: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment