Sunday, December 22, 2019

Alpha Day!

I knew it was going to be a busy Sunday... I just didn't know how busy... Even as I write this now, I just want to close my eyes and go to sleep... but it's only 8:17!

Last night I had already packed the car with all that we had prepared for the party... so, we were up early... I was busy getting my mom ready when Alan had the 'nerve' to ask me the directions to the 'retreat' site... I guess I was feeling like, "Honey... I did a hundred things in preparation for this Alpha Day and the only thing I asked you to do was know how to drive there... and you didn't even do that?!?!?!"

Anyhow... we picked Kurtis up and got to the hotel by 10:45! Praise the Lord...

There were already people up on the 7th floor... so I hurried and set up the tables for the gifts, the snacks and settled my mom in her chair.

It was a fantastic day... Elsie, Dorcas, Arslan all came... We didn't have as many newcomers as I had hoped... but it was a great party! I told the Christmas story and we had the White Elephant Gift Exchange... and we had only 7 extra gifts, which I will bring to church on 12/29 as there were several people who couldn't make it...

We got home after buying dinner and dropping Kurtis off... and I got Mom ready for bed... including having to get her to take a shower... After she went to bed, I got started to put everything away... and eat! I realized that I didn't finish lunch because I had to start the Christmas program... And they had my favorite soup, which I asked Isaiah to pack up and he didn't! I even brought my own container, but he didn't think it would be delicious... I had planned to mix it with a Chinese jello... WAHHHHH.

It was a fun time... and I pray that everyone felt the joy and love of God...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Zephaniah 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment