Monday, December 30, 2019

Abby's...

It rained all day... Isaiah and Alan were up early to watch the Chargers game... they lost to Kansas City Chief... 31-21. The kids and Alan went off to school... and I dropped Mom off at 9:30 and had tutoring at 10:30! The morning went by quickly and I had several errands to get done... including mailing off our Christmas/New Year Newsletter! I came home and had lunch and made dinner... I was going to go out for a run... as there was a break in the rain... but physically I was too exhausted... I thought I was going to get sick, so I took a long nap! It felt so refreshing... I had tutoring tonight and we finally had our family time... We wanted to do it last night but the kids had too many things to get done!
Here is Abigail's...
Reflections of 2019: “Renewal and Restart”
     This past year hasn’t been easy, not only for me, but also for my family.  The year has had a lot of ups and downs like a roller coaster.  I’m a roller coaster lover, but I was quite stressed on this particular one.  Having no cell phone and laptop for nearly 4 months, I learned to cherish the relationships I have with friends and family around me.  I also learned how to weigh what’s important and what wasn’t.  So when I had a short amount of time to use my phone, I would know what to do on it and not waste time.  I rediscovered the joy of reading books and also developed the skill of observation, since I couldn’t use my cell phone on the bus or MRT like most people.  I came to realize that loneliness doesn’t have much to do with the outside circumstances.  It’s a focus.  With or without a cell phone, there was still a sense of loneliness.  Reading a book gave me a temporary sense of satisfaction but I still felt lonely.  However, I praise God for my family for not giving up on me.  They did and still do give everything they have to connect with me.  They pray, take me to the movies, play sports with me, buy good food and drinks for me, and support me in all my activities.  That’s a blessing in itself.  A sense of belonging is the cure to loneliness.   So I look back at this year, and two words come to my mind: “renewal” and “restart”.  I’m a sophomore in college, but I feel like I have a brand new beginning, like a freshman.  Not only did I renew my relationship with family, but also with my Heavenly Father.  He knows me the best, and treats me the best.  I chose 1 Timothy 1:7 as the verse for next year because I know that I’m a child of God.  And as a child of God, I have received the gift of the Holy Spirit.  He accompanies me, comforts me, and guides me.  So I choose not to live in fear, loneliness, and discontentment.  I want to rely on the Holy Spirit’s power to reject sin, to discover others’ needs, and to love self-control in order to overcome procrastination.
Prayer requests, plans and thoughts for 2020:
  1. I can contribute more in my departmental basketball team.
  2. I can be more involved in serving in the high school youth group.
  3. I can manage time and money better.
  4. I can learn all the knowledge necessary to reach my future dream.
  5. I can participate more in my college youth group.
  6. I can bring people to know Christ and be a better testimony to others.
  7. I can value appreciation, acknowledgment and reciprocation in my family. 
Seek Him First!
Image result for II Cor 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment