Sunday, November 17, 2019

Yes... I missed a day...

You might wonder what happened yesterday...

Well... we were locked out of our home because Mom locked the door... Let me back track...

As you know, we found a helper to come to our house on Saturday so that we can take the day to go out... we wanted to do some fun things that were too difficult to have Mom along... We could have called on Kurtis but I didn't want to bother him. Plus, I wanted to try out the 'free service' provided by the government. We can get 84 hours of elderly care, paying only 184NT$ for three hours! So, if you read my previous post, it was a miracle that we had someone come on Saturday.

The lady was supposed to come at 10am, but she was running late. So, she got here at 11:30. Thus, we thought we'd get home by 8:30. 

The kids, Alan and I went all over the place... we had a blast!

At around 8pm, the lady called. We told her that Mom could go to bed and that she can leave 15 minutes after that... She called because she wanted to leave early and she didn't follow my instructions! Instead, what happened was, Mom insisted that she 'send her off'. After the helper left, Mom locked the door! The door that we never lock... The door that we don't bring a key for...

We got home at 8: 35... and we pounded on the door and Mom with her poor hearing never got up. We called the locksmith and he was busy working at another person's house and could not come until after 10:30. He showed up at 10:45... and by 11pm, we were in our house. I know the guy. He charged us 18US$!

Mom was asleep... She never heard us knocking and she didn't remember locking the door.

Anyhow, we came back and watched the movie, Lion! We didn't go to bed until 1:45!

I had to translate today... God was very good as I had time to prep in the morning. Mom was up several times, but she stayed in bed as she was really tired out!

So... overall, I think it worked well with the helper. I made sure there was food in the fridge and I lined up activities that the helper did with Mom.

And we had a great time...

Besides the fiasco with the locked door, I also chipped off a piece of my front tooth. Now that has been really annoying. I tried to find a dentist that was opened on Sunday, but nothing. So, first thing tomorrow I'm going to get the tooth repaired as the tip of my tongue is raw. Every time I talk or eat it rubs against the edge of the tooth. And I can feel the tooth has a sharp edge. Not very comfortable. I can hardly wait until tomorrow... to go to the dentist! (Annie, if you are reading this... I can't believe I'm looking forward to seeing a dentist!)

Church went well... And I translated by putting a piece of chewed gum on the back of the tooth. I talked funny...

Looking ahead to this week, it's going to be another busy one!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 115: 12

4 comments:

  1. If only you were here... but you need the composite... or this guy used something like epoxy... ha, ha, ha... two different 'glue' ingredients... and this heating gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the same fix when I was nanny the three year old locked me in the basement and no one else was in the house. I made my way over two large gas containers and out a small window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long were you in the basement?

    ReplyDelete