Thursday, April 12, 2018

A New "Revelation"

BEWARE -- Read this honest post only if you want all the 'gory' details! Otherwise, I'd highly recommend you to skip this entry!

Today was a frustrating day...

Even though it was a frustrating day, I realized what makes caring for my mom so difficult. She, on the other hand, has no idea...

This is what she says to me on a daily basis -- "Oh, I'm an easy person to take care of because I listen and follow whatever you say!"

Well, today when she said it, I almost fainted (mainly because of the many things she did which were totally contrary to what I asked her to do)! So, I decided to have a conversation on this!

I replied, "Mother, in the almost 30 days you've been here, you have NOT listened nor followed what I've asked you ... that's why I'm so exhausted from taking care of you!"

She then asked, "What do you mean?"

I stood right in front of her and said, "I've asked you not to dig out your poop, but every day, you have done exactly that!" And with that, she retorted, "I have not... It's my hearing and my eye sight."

I decided to pursue this line of conversation, "Mother, when I have 'caught' you doing it, you've yelled at me and denied it even though I have pointed to the evidence in your hand (meaning her very filthy, and really, very very filthy hands)!"

With that she again denied everything -- she has never done such a thing nor has she ever yelled at me... and started telling me that she can't hear a word that I said!

And it dawned on me -- The root issue is that in her mind, I'm the child and she is the parent and she does not have to listen to me -- PERIOD! Unless that root is taken out, she will continue to behave in such an obstinate manner towards me and my kids! (Now, she does not do that with Alan, because I think she doesn't expect him to bow to her wishes... but to my kids who are Asian and to me, she does!)

Because of this, every week, I have done so many more loads of clothes and cleaned the bathroom she uses so many times. I now need to stand at the door of the bathroom almost every time she goes, even when she tells me she is only going to urinate. When we are out in public, I try to find the handicapped restroom stalls. Because the times that I "trusted" her because she said she only needed to pee... the result has been 'horrible'! (I won't go into all the gory details... but just trust me on this!)

I realize that if she would just be willing to listen to me in this one area, my life would be a lot easier! But since I can't expect that... I went and bought a pair of thick plastic kitchen gloves. Whenever she goes into the bathroom, she has to put those on. I have also removed all towels and tissue from the bathroom that she uses. I also will not allow her to use any public restroom on her own.

It's going to be very interesting...

I will definitely keep you posted!

All my previous posts about how great my mom is doing are absolutely true! She has made tremendous improvements health-wise! And she really loves being in Taiwan! But today, I realized why I'm so tired... it's not just because I'm physically tired... I'm tired because I have had to deal with someone I love dearly constantly being "disobedient" towards what I'm trying to do for her own good! I guess that's another revelation -- God might be constantly trying to do good when we are constantly trying to fight Him on the good He is trying to do...

I will end this post with that thought!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 120:1


2 comments:

  1. oh my, I think mom thinks she is being obedient and then she does what she wants....... love to you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a new perspective... from the new revelation!

    ReplyDelete