Friday, April 13, 2018

A New Perspective

Because of the new revelation yesterday, I have had a tremendously relaxing day...

Is it because Mom has suddenly and miraculously changed?

No...

In the morning, I have started praying that God would break this particular stronghold of a mindset in my mom... and in the mean time, I asked God to give me a new perspective... And He did!

Instead of feeling frustrated and stressed, I don't tell her a million times to do this or that...

Ok... what do I mean?

At breakfast time, I set the food in front of her... and I say, Please eat slowly and take small bites.

I no longer feel as if I have to sit there and watch her stuff the food into her mouth and do exactly the opposite of what I said... Before, I was afraid that she'll choke or food will be stuck... But now, I am relaxed. She needs to choose to listen and if she doesn't, I can't do a thing about that... FREEDOM!

When she asks, what do I need to do now? I answer, "Whatever you like to do... since you won't listen to me anyway!" FREEDOM!

When Mom goes to the bathroom, I ask her to put the gloves on and remind her not to "dig"... Well... when I was on duty, things worked very well!... Nothing happened! But what happened this afternoon was absolutely interesting... When Abby had to supervise... Mom reverted back to her old ways and upset Abby because she yelled at her! Abby was like, Grandma, do you think I want to tell you what to do? I want to help you! I told Abby about my new found freedom... If Mom wants to 'do' this particular bad habit and she gets extremely ill (and might actually die), it was her choice. Instead of living under a cloud of fear or worries, I feel quite free with this new perspective... I am still vigilant but I'm more relaxed.

I have to tell Isaiah, Alan and Abby and anyone who helps out to NOT allow her to go to the bathroom unsupervised... When she is out, she must wait to come home to use the bathroom here! It's going to be interesting next week when we are at the church programs...

But this new perspective helped me to have quite a different day than the day I had yesterday!

So... perhaps we'd all be better off... feeling more relaxed and free if we just trust God and surrender our lives more into His hands... Our perspective needs to be He knows best and He wants the best for us... And sometimes, our poor choices (OR LACK OF CHOOSING JESUS) will lead us to 'death'...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 121:1

No comments:

Post a Comment