Friday, April 6, 2018

A Special Day!

Abby has been wanting to get her ears pierced.  We've visited several places but because of my own (traumatic, horrifying) experience, I really wanted to find a credible place to get hers done.

We went to the Shihlin Night Market, Hsinmenting, Danhsui Night Market... all these places are inexpensive... about 10US$. But many of them are attached to tattoo palors and body piercing. They use a hypoallergenic gun... and use these plastic studs. I just didn't want her ears to get infected!

So, today, we called a clinic... they'd do it for 40US$! I was looking for a place under 1,000NT$! About 30US$!

We went on line... and finally saw that at the mall in our neighborhood, the second floor jewelry stores, ear piercing is available! When we asked, this very wonderful young lady pointed us to one jewelry counter. She wanted us to buy gold studs... 100US$!

We walked away quite disappointed. The same lady said, "Try the other jewelry counter over there." We went over and the sales clerk was very sweet. She showed us a showcase of white gold studs which were on sale for 980NT$! Exactly under 1000NT$. She was wearing a cross, so I asked... and she said she's a believer... she had posted verses from the book of Isaiah at the counter. She did the ear piercing by HAND! Abby said it hurt a little... but it wasn't too bad!

She now has pierced ears... and won't get to switch her earrings for 40 days!

We were planning for a relaxing day since we had such a long day of fun yesterday. We thought maybe my mom would want to sleep or rest more... NO... not one bit... My mom was so energetic... she was up at 5:50 and ready to go, go, go... On the other hand, we were all wiped out... and just wanted to hang out at home! Luckily, there was a slight drizzle... that helped to keep my mom more willing to stay home. And yes, I let her watch one Little House!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 114:1

3 comments:

  1. HURRAY, I can buy Abby earrings now, right?????? Oh boy oh boy, when she is here, I WILL GET HER SOME nice ones........

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND what bad experience are you referring to????? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, ha... you are RIGHT!!!! Be glad that as we get older, our memory gets foggy. I can't remember half of the 'bad things' you've done... although I have physical scars to remind me! My one ear... my one knee... ha, ha, ha...

    ReplyDelete