Sunday, November 8, 2015

Can A Weekend Be More Packed With Activities?

I try never to pack my week with too many activities, always leaving 'space' for some breathing room. But I don't know what happened as this weekend was one that just went on and on and on... Now, it's almost 12 o'clock and after writing this post, I'm heading off to bed... while the clothes are still tumbling in the dryer! I'm going to leave them there as the dryer will shut off on its own.

This morning Alan and Abby took off early to watch Isaiah's game. I called my mom and scootered over to New Beitou where I was going to share the Sunday message. Upon entering the church, I found out that the father of the drummer went in at 6am for emergency heart surgery. So, our time of worship in songs became quite interesting. Our lone musician, the piano player, was a beginner. Since Abby and Isaiah were not around, we didn't have anyone to play the guitar or the drums. Even though the music was a bit off, I know that God was there... And I don't think he was looking at how many times we missed a beat or sang off key. I again enjoyed the message that the Lord laid upon my heart -- How to live victorious, focusing on overcoming temptations.

After the service, I went to Tienmu Park where Isaiah was at. He wasn't playing but I got to talk to the coach and see some of the games. If the YangMing Team had won just one of the 'points', then Isaiah's school would be third. They needed to be third in order to play in the National Tournament. But it was not to be. So, ChungShing, JengChung and Tachih were the three schools. Nanhu came in fourth. This was the same outcome last year. What a bummer!

I then got home, 'repacked' and the three of us took off for church. After our usual love feast and helping to clean up, we got home at around 8:30. There were things to put away and soon Isaiah was home. We sat and talk as we had not had him home for the past five days!

Tomorrow, he will not need to be at school until 10a.m. Abby has a day off. And I'm thinking of staying in bed all day!

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 119: 143」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment