Tuesday, March 10, 2020

I'm Back...

What a speedy 120 hours...

I can't tell you how little I slept...

The first night Mom had a Tylenol PM... that helped but Mom was up until 4:30.

The second night, Annie gave her a "sleeping pill"... which did not put Mom to sleep at all... In fact, she slept from 7-9:15 and was up from 9:15 to 7am... she was completely insane... I've never seen her like this... Hallucinating, talking, getting up, and very awake... She was WIRED! I found her asleep on the floor when I got up at 10am. I slept until 10 because at 6:15, I didn't hear her as I was having my quiet time... but she actually got up one more time and must have rolled off the bed. I won't go into more details but she was calm and sleepy on Saturday morning and Annie had no problem with her while I was away.

So... Saturday, Pam came to pick me up and we headed down to San Clemente for the wedding. We checked into the hotel and headed to Telega Golf Club. I found Kayla, Suz's daughter, and had a brief prayer with her... Andy officiated and did a beautiful job. The message was perfect... as was the weather... There was an hour of cocktail and hor'dourves while pictures were being taken. Then it was a formal dinner with dancing. Andy wrote a song for the special father-daughter dance. The evening was fun-filled. Liz and Corenne were both there... Liz came with her two kids, Alex and Arabella. Cor was with Phil and their two kids, Marc and Isabella. At around 9:45, we sent the newlyweds off and we were back at the Hampton Inn at around 10:15. Suz came and chatted with us... and Sarah dropped in... so we didn't go to sleep until after 1am, which was really 2am... DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!

The next morning, we had brunch at the Sun Dried Tomatoes, even though Hampton Inn had a free buffet breakfast!

Cor and her family had to rush off to the airport, so we left the restaurant by 12:15. I was back up to Torrance by 1:45. Annie took me to shop for more cereals... and I forgot to buy 'night time cough medicine'!

It was Annie's birthday, so we went to Denny's as she gets a free grand slam. I like Denny's food. It was quite delicious... I had brought desserts from the wedding as Annie loves lemon bars... we forgot to sing happy birthday.

Mom was in bed by 7:45 and she slept! She only got up twice to go to the bathroom.

I did a load of laundry and sealed off all the boxes... and slept at 1:15. I was up at 5:50...

I got Mom up at 7am to give her a shower and breakfast.

Annie came to pick us up at 8:30 and we were at the airport by 9:15. She's a great driver...

The airport was empty!  We were checked in so quickly. The plane was also very empty. Mom had a row to herself and I had a row to myself. She enjoyed both meals... but her back was really hurting... so that made it easier to care for her... believe it or not... with her back sore, she wasn't wandering around or overly hyper.

We had a driver pick us up at the airport and we were home by 6:30. It was a 14 hour flight... I got Mom settled and in bed before I started to unpack!

It's nice to be back... The workers are to be here by 8:30 and work will start at 9am. Bathroom sliding doors... faucets... and safety rails... Kitchen guy will also be here to do one more measurement. The work on the kitchen won't start on Monday!

It's going to be a busy week as I will speak on Sunday and I have tutoring all week... One new student on Friday!

Thank you for your prayers... even though Mom was not sleeping for three nights... God sustained me... I felt very awake... no feeling of grogginess and even being back now, I feel quite 'normal'.

Seek Him First!
Image result for proverbs 19:21

3 comments:

  1. WAHHHHHH COME BACK SLEEP MORE COME BSCKKK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good trip, I just pray that you will be able to relax, I LOVE YOU. I guess Alan & kids are in school now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a lot more relaxed and Mom is recovering as her back hurts...

    ReplyDelete