Monday, February 3, 2020

Rest & Run!

Since both tutoring cancelled, I felt really great about having a semi-free day.

The Super Bowl Game was on, but Alan and I had to drop off my Mom and then take the car in as the battery died again! I told Alan, we need to get a better car that doesn't die all the time! And I'm fed up with their excuses... "You don't drive it enough"... We have had three different cars -- Nissan Livina, Mitsubishi Libero, Ford Festiva -- and NONE of those cars ever had this problem. We have asked others who drive Toyotas and they don't have this problem. If we don't drive this car for 24 hours, the battery dies! And we have changed the battery almost every 18 months! I can't believe what these batteries are doing at the landfills!

We got back to see the 4th quarter... I worked on putting away the manger scene. I take it out after Thanksgiving and put it back after Chinese New Year! When I finished that, I sat down to watch the last five minutes. Kansas City was losing and I thought the game was done with. Not Alan... He said, Kansas City has come back in several games. So they can do a lot in 5 minutes. Sure enough... they came back and won the game!

After the game finished, Alan went out to exercise a bit even with his fractured rib... At 12noon, I decided to take off for a run... and I almost ran for two hours... the weather was so nice... and I didn't have tutoring... Should have gone longer...

I did the LAST load of ski clothes... and took a nap! I thought I'd sleep for an hour, but 90 minutes later, I finally forced myself to get up... and fix dinner for Mom!

I spent the evening going through emails... and inputting my talk notes as a few friends wanted to read the message, The Redeeming Presence of God!

I feel so much better with the nap... like I'm not foggy anymore...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 28:1

2 comments: