Friday, February 21, 2020

Figuring Out the Kitchen... and Picking Tiles for the Bathrooms...

Alan, Abby and I went to BSB Burgers for lunch... And then we headed to B & Q, a local "Home Depot" Store. They also do kitchens and bathrooms. Based on their estimate, our kitchen would cost 180,000NT$. NO WAY! So... we will see what our guy give us as a quote!

The bathroom guy came over and we picked tiles and flooring... really nothing to pick... We tried to have some thing that matches what we already have... And we will install bathroom rails... The work will start on Monday, 2/24, at 8:30!

I also received a message from Eva Air. My flight on the 5th has been delayed. Instead of leaving in the morning, I will now take off at 23:55. So, I will be home on Thursday, if the remodeling is not done. This is a miracle... Alan will be home on Friday, so we will have two full weeks to get things finished. The small bathroom will be first. When that is done, they will rip up the bath tub and do the second bathroom. In the meantime, they will look at my kitchen and bring tiles and counter tops for us to look at. Based on what we choose, they will work on a quote...If we accept the quote,  they will be able to start on that, hopefully at the same time. Kitchen will take SEVEN working days... It's easier as they just need to take our existing cabinets and fabricate new ones. Bathrooms will take TEN or MORE working days! The work is more complex as the process of waterproofing and tiling are more difficult. By March 8th (Annie's birthday), things should be finished...

For the kitchen, we don't want a large stove top range. I only need one gas burner. We don't want a range hood. Instead, we want more cabinet space. Next to the fridge, we want an appliance cabinet and a small sliding pantry. We want to redo the corner areas to make them more accessible. We want a smaller sink with a better water purifier system. We don't want a dish dryer and will move our microwave to the other wall. We decided NOT to knock down the existing hanging cabinet that divides the kitchen and dining room. We like the color and the wood. We will ask them to fix the hanging light fixture.

Alan and I also looked at bar stools and bought two for 60US$. I'd like a new dining room table... a rectangular one which would make our dining area look bigger. The oval one takes up a lot of room. We will see... If someone needs a dining room table, then we will buy a new one. Otherwise, I'm ok with keeping what we have!

In other news... Isaiah went for an interview. They need student workers for an international education fair. He got the job... the pay is not great, but he thinks the experience will be worth it.

Abby and Alan had time to go and play tennis and swim at the pool while I took care of Mom. I heard from Annie. They are now in Taitong... It's not a place for sightseeing... They are going to surf and their B & B is right by the beach. Taroko Gorge was a lot of walking and hiking. When they get to Tainan, they will do more sightseeing. So, these two days in Taitong will be more relaxing...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 42:1

4 comments:

  1. Besure to take before and after pictures. I wish I could see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to take pictures... As I like to keep in mind what we had before the remodeling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could be here so that I could bounce off some ideas with you... This summer we will go and see Chad's place... How much has he finished? On that plot of land...

    ReplyDelete