Monday, October 22, 2018

My Sweet Husband...

Alan and I have been married going on 32 years... astounding... miraculous...

We both still have do things vastly differently... and our opinions are often vastly different... But we support each other and we let each other grow and we encourage each other to draw closer to Jesus...

So... last night, I was looking at the run route... and it's mostly mountain... and I have to be at the starting point by 7am but the MRT doesn't start until 6am. Now, even though it's still in the Taipei area, to get there on the MRT in one hour would be a bit difficult... Alan said, "I'll drive you there!" And he'll meet me at the finished line! My sweet husband... even though he knows I'm insane to do this run, he's supporting me all the way... and I'm sure he'll be praying for me throughout all the hours that I'm gone...

God is good... I know He brought us together... and I am so very grateful!

And... my most recent "I can't believe Alan did that" was this past Wednesday evening... I came back from tutoring and looked in the fridge for a tea drink I bought that afternoon which I was going to doctor up with strawberry syrup. I bought it without sugar as I wanted to try this particular tea drink by adding my own concoction. And before leaving, I had hidden it way in the back of our fridge, but I did neglect to put a note on it.

I looked and looked and looked... I asked Isaiah... He said, "No..." I asked Abby. She said, "No..." And then I asked Alan... I didn't think to ask him as he doesn't like any drinks without sugar. To my utter amazement, he said, "Yes..." I was like "WHAT? Why would you drink it? It's not even sweet." And his innocent reply was, "Oh, I added some lemonade to it. It was delicious!" I almost fainted.

My sweet husband... A gift from God!

Seek Him First!
Image result for every perfect gift comes from above

2 comments:

  1. You should know you cannot hide anything from your husband, I learned that. No secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it was my bubble tea! Unsweetened! He is really bad... stealing my food and my drinks!

    ReplyDelete