Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Mom's Mental and Physical State

If you ask me what's the most difficult part of taking care of my mom, I'd say, "Her mental state.."

For example, one minute she complains that her back hurts... the next minute she's standing next to me asking when we're going to go out...  Another example, we are back from an activity and she asks, "Where did we go?" I tell her... and five minutes (or less than five minutes) later, she asks again, "Where did we go?"  I can give you a dozen examples... Throughout the day, she asks repetitive questions.

Another thing is her hearing... It's very difficult to have a conversation with her... even with her hearing aids on...

I didn't plan any activities for her today... I took her out to walk around the neighborhood. She enjoyed the walk... but within just a few minutes, she was asking when we'd head back home!?!?! But as soon as we are home, she wanted to go out again! So, after 30 minutes of rest, I took her out for a second walk around the neighborhood!

After lunch, I put Little House on as I had to go and teach. She was very happy with watching her favorite program. Mary, my part time helper, came over...

And when I got back from teaching, the floor was mopped and the house was dusted! NICE!

Tomorrow is a holiday... and no tutoring for the rest of the week... I feel blessed!

Seek Him First!
Image result for commit your plans to the lord

No comments:

Post a Comment