Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Small Miracle

Image result for Psalm 145: 2
I'm not very high tech.  As for having a cell phone, when people ask if I have one, I usually say, No. The thing is I have a cell phone, but I don't use it as a phone. I use it to line or wechat people. I don't even carry it with me when I go out.

Anyhow, Alan, Isaiah and Abby all have a contract with Taiwan Cellular. And every 24 months, if you renew, you can get a free phone. So, the last time one of them renewed their contract, I got a free phone. Within six months, it wasn't working well. But since I rarely used it, I didn't take it in. By the time I did, the guarantee on it ran out. To fix it was going to cost over 1000NT$. So, of course, I said no. I mean, are you serious? It was a FREE phone.

When I went to get the cell phone back, I asked, "Now, the phone function works, right?" I had brought it in because of another problem. The phone was working fine. And the clerk said, "Yes, the phone still works, but that's all you can use it for." No problem.

I kept the phone around for 3 months. Last week I put a sim card in to use the phone function and it did not work. I took it back and said, "The phone doesn't work." The clerk was quite surprised. She tried and tried and still could not get the phone to work. So, they took it to find out what was the matter.

I got a call today. To fix it would cost 1500NT$. I had a very long talk with the person, trying to explain everything. Basically, I said, I brought you a phone to fix. You gave it back to me worst than when I brought it in. Now you want me to pay to get it back to the way I had it when I first brought it in with the phone function working. That's not the way a reputable company should operate. I told the young man that I wasn't going to pay but I will note it on my paper that before walking out of their store, I must remember to test my phone otherwise, they would deny breaking it. I was very polite and we hung up.

Meanwhile, my brother James sent me a message saying that he'll be coming to Taiwan and he can give me one of his old phones -- a nice Sony phone!

Two hours later, I got another call from Taiwan Cellular. He talked with his supervisor and looked through the records of this phone. And asking me to pay for the phone to get back the phone function is not the way their company should solve this problem. They will fix my phone for free! I couldn't believe it. What a miracle! God worked in their heart and turned them around. I'm so grateful!

Now, you might be asking, why do I need a phone when I don't even use cell phones? I have spare phones around the house so that whenever someone comes to Taiwan and needs a phone, I have one that they can use! So, now I will have two cell phones that work! Thank you God!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 145: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment