Sunday, May 6, 2018

Baby Dedication & Intro to Philippians

We had a great service today...

Abby translated for Alan... and she did a superb job. She spent many hours going over Alan's script and then typing everything out.

I followed the Baby Dedication with my introductory talk... and I had to cut a lot out as I had a limited amount of time...

Well... I must share a praise... God had led me to speak from the book of Philippians, but I had no idea how I'd have the time to do all the research since I can no longer sit in front of the computer... I have my mom here and it's a 24/7 job... Amazingly, Andy Noch, Suz's husband, spoke from this book... Suz asked and he agreed to email me his notes... What I then do is read and gleam his key research and quotes and then add my own illustrations and examples. He even emailed me his ppt files, which I change and adapt... It has been such a tremendous help! And I love reading his notes... His talks are a bit different as he takes a passage and I'm only focusing on one verse for each of my talks. God knew... and already prepared a way for me to share...

That brings me to another point... We were thinking we'd have a pastor for House of Praise by September... but it seems as if that might not be... So, perhaps I will have another chance to speak... I leave that in God's hands.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 147:1

No comments:

Post a Comment