Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A New Exercise Class for Mom

I didn't know if I wanted to be driving back and forth... but I told the social worker, I'll try it for today and let her know if I'm going to enroll Mom in the afternoon Physical Therapy Class.

So, in the morning, it was chatting time and Bible study for Mom... They have lunch together and I pick her up at 12:15!

While she was at the "program", I went and ran errands... And it was HOT!

We went home and she had her afternoon routine -- massage chair and knee therapy.

At 2:30, we were out the door again... as the exercise class started at 3pm.

They didn't start on time, but only five people... All of them above the age of 80!

I must say... it was a great class! The PT Instructor had them do a series of simple exercises to help with their balance, their reflex, their agility and their MIND!

I stood outside and watched... and took out the money and enrolled.

Yes, it's going to make my Wednesdays busier... but it's going to be totally worth it... Mom enjoyed the class tremendously as it was a small group of people and they were all OLD! One lady was in a wheelchair... another lady had hearing problem... one gentleman had a hard time balancing himself... and Mom was the oldest person.  But according to the PT Instructor, she's in the best shape! She has absolutely no physical problem... on the other hand, he said that she has dementia... I knew that... Hopefully with these classes, the dementia won't progress too quickly.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment