Monday, December 11, 2017

Speech Contest Result

The result came in... Abby got 'fourth place'... meaning she got on the list, but she was 14th on the list. I think that's great as there were 42 competitors! They have 1-first place, 4 - second place, 5- third place and 6-fourth place.

Alan is convinced that if she would have just added a few more details on her impromptu speech, she would have scored high enough to be in the top 5!

She didn't put enough time practicing the impromptu part... and she got deducted one point for going over time in the prepared speech.

Anyhow, we're glad that's over with.

Now it's time to focus on the upcoming and very crucial Joint College Entrance Exam!

I spent the day getting lots of little jobs done that I've been putting off... trying to find a set of DVDs, arranging a meeting with a publishing company, etc. And, I'm trying to find 7 white elephant gifts in my house. I can't believe it... I don't have that much junk anymore...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 73:2

2 comments:

  1. I think Lester's daughter came in first???? Abby should have told some JOKES, I truly believe to be funny would help you WIN WIN WIN, but Abby is a winner in my book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lester's daughter did not join the contest this year as she went last year... with Isaiah. And she joined the overseas group. That group has less people! You are right. She is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete