Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Newsletter, Part IV

Isaiah's Highlights







This year started with the Joint College Entrance Exam. With that behind me, Mom, Abby and I went to Australia! It was summer there, so it was great to be in shorts and going to the beach. I got to see my aunt Annie and Uncle Karl and Uncle Eddie and his family! The days were filled with touristy things. It was our first time to be in Australia!
School started again in February and the last semester of high school went by quite nicely. I found out my JCEE score and had to choose six schools to put in my application. I decided on ChengChi University, English and Education Departments. I also chose four departments at Soochow University. Unfortunately, I was not called back for an interview with ChengChi University. I only got called back for two of the departments at SooChow University -- English and Philosophy. I should say I did make it to National ChungCheng University in ChiaYi. But I decided to give that up even though it was a national school and ranked higher than SooChow University! (The school has a big campus, but it's out in the middle of nowhere!) Anyhow, I found out that I got into both Philosophy and English Department and of course, I chose English Department.
After graduating from high school, I went with my mom to the States on June 6th so that we could be there for Grandpa George's 99th Birthday Celebration. I hadn't been in the States for three years, so it was so much fun! I stayed until the beginning of August and came home to take a General Education class at the National Taiwan University. Since I got my scooter license in April, I was able to get around on my own!
In the first week of September, I attended the Freshmen Week of Orientation at SooChow, which included an overnight trip with other freshmen! I met people who have now become some of my best friends. I also decided to join the Tennis Club and the English Basketball Team. I wanted to get at least 19 units, but ended up with only 17 units. I love being at SooChow as it is close to home and I get to see Dad all the time. Of course, I love the friends that I've met! Midterm just finished two weeks ago and I found out that I did quite well! (So, hopefully, I will get a scholarship at the end of this semester which will cover my full tuition!)
My verse for 2018 is John 1:1:
Image result for John 1:1
Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 76:1

No comments:

Post a Comment