Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter Solstice

Today did not feel like Winter Solstice!

It was so warm and sunny!

I went and ran a few errands before meeting a dear friend for lunch.

She treated me to a fabulous and very exquisite lunch at the Garden Kitchen (a restaurant in the Marriot where the president had her inauguration dinner).  I tried canneles de Bordeux for the first time! I also had a parmesan cookie for the first time. Well... there were actually so many other dessert items that I never had before! In fact, I like the restaurant so much that I'm actually thinking of splurging and taking Alan there for our 30th anniversary! (I did write -- THINKING! -- as it would be a HUGE splurge!) The restaurant charged almost 7US$ for sparkling water! You can drink as much as you want! And I love sparkling water!

I came home and googled canneles de Bordeux and found it to be quite difficult to make. I should have eaten 10 more of them!

Parmesan cookies on the other hand are easy. So, I'm going to make those for fun! As well as lemon shortbread cookies!!!!

Abby came home and wanted some sweet dumplings, which is what people eat here on Winter Solstice, if it was really cold! So, even though it was such a warm day, I made some for her!

What a wonderful way to end a warm winter solstice!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 32: 7






No comments:

Post a Comment