Friday, December 23, 2016

Caroling, Hiking & Jogging

Early this morning we drove the kids to school as we were in charge of the Christmas Caroling!

Two brothers from HOP joined us -- Jack and William! Jack played the guitar and William brought the amp! Thank God for these great brothers in Christ. We stood out there for 45 minutes, singing our hearts out. The staff came out, dressed in tinsels and santa hats (boooo)! We also had 5 PTA members who came. The head of the PTA bought all of us breakfast!

After coming back, Alan went and played tennis while I went for a hike at the Rock Face Trail. I hadn't been up there in months! 

Alan and I had said that we'd both be back by 10:30 as we had to go to Costco -- bad idea on a Friday before Christmas! It was very crowded. But pizza was a US$1 off, so we bought two! The kids will love that!

We came home, put everything away and had a relaxing lunch. Fridays are usually our 'date day'... but we often use it as a day to help out.  By 4pm, we were out the door again as we had the afternoon session of caroling! Michael and his wife, Grace, and Pastor Matthew came to join us this time. It was so windy but we again, joyously sang as students were leaving school. I pray that through this simple act of caroling, they felt the joy of this Christmas season!

We finished at 5:40 and I decided to jog home from Nanhu Senior High School. It's a 12 kilometers jog through the river park and the weather was great.  My legs felt fine... as I took it easy. I didn't want my back to get hurt!

The rest of the evening was quite relaxing...

It's Christmas weekend!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 32: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment