Saturday, December 10, 2016

I Finished!

I was up at 4:30 and went to the race at 5:50. It started at 6:30.

The weather was extremely nice and the group was about 100 people -- for both the 60km and the 70km run.

I prayed the whole time, taking one step at a time, not worrying about anything else.

I ran the first 50 kilometers, walking only when I came to a pit stop. My pace was slow, but steady. After that, I had to run, walk and shuffle.

Alan came on the bike and met up with me at the last 10 kilometers. It sure was nice to have him there.

I finished in 8:18, coming in third for the women.

I couldn't believe it myself.

My whole body is sore. I can hardly walk. I don't know what recovery will be like, but one thing for sure -- I won't be going for a run this week unless insanity strikes again or I'm completely healed of every sore muscles and pain (you can't believe how painful it is to walk right now. The bottom of my feet is tender)!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 30: :11-12:

No comments:

Post a Comment