Monday, December 26, 2016

Taiwan Legislature & Dinner Out With James

Today was a day of prayer for the legislature to vote on Bill 972, redefining marriage and family. At 3pm, it was said that it passed the second reading. The third reading might just be a formality. I ask people to continue to pray as the final decision won't be until April/May of 2017.

I just thought that it was interesting that this whole issue distracted from the focus on Christ's birth... and now, the next 'reading' will happen just around Resurrection Sunday, trying to distract from the celebration of Jesus' death and resurrection. I will just give thanks and keep my focus on God as King of kings and Lord of lords, the Sovereign One!

This evening we went to eat with my brother James. He is in Taiwan. Yippy.... and we hope to see him for New Year's Eve! That will be a first... maybe we can even do a skype group chat as my brother Eddie will be with my sister, Annie, in California and James will be with me in Taipei!

We went to Gordon Biersch and James spent 6787NT$ for dinner for 6 people. That's my food bill for two weeks! And he blessed my kids with a very generous amount of Christmas money!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 33: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment