Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tears of Thanksgiving

Image result for Psalm 33: 6-7
This morning started with the cremation service for Irwin. Walking into the room that was set up at the mortuary, I saw the picture that they had set up. No one was around yet. So, it was good to sit there and cry as I remember the years of friendship we have had with this wonderful brother in Christ.

The Memorial Service was very traditional. A small group of Evergreen friends sang I Believe in Jesus.

When I got home at around 2pm, on Facebook, three of my best friends recorded their first practice session of the song, How Great Thou Art. It's the song that I had told them I'd like to be sung at my 'celebration service'. I also told them that I'd like the song to be sung with tambourine and bells. Furthermore, I'd like for the Lord to take me home when I'm 77. Well, that's only 22 years from now. So, they don't have a lot of time to practice!

(I couldn't upload the video, so here is just an image of them in Suz' living room!)

Their video reminded me the beauty of friendship, the hope of eternity and the love of God.

I watched the video clip and laughed until tears were running down my face!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 33: 6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment