Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Learning New Things

Starting in Jan. of 2016, I will help out with sending out the HOP Weekly Newsletter and updating the prayer requests, directory and hopefully, the web page as well.  Our part time ministry assistant stepped down. I truly enjoyed working with her. She was efficient and detailed oriented and had a servant heart. But she needed to assist her husband's business and found it very time consuming to continue to be the ministry assistant. Since our pastoral couple is on their sabbatical leave, different members of the congregation will help out with different things. 

Now, to some, the tasks that I'll be doing are very easy. But not for me... I have to learn to use google spread sheets, google email account, and the church's web page. For a person who is not very high tech, I also now have two old iPhones -- one to use for wechat and another to use for line.

I guess God is going to propel me into the 21st century whether I like it or now... Like the title of the new Star Wars movie -- the Force Awakens... God is awakening me to the 'conveniences' of the hi-tech world!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 129:8



No comments:

Post a Comment