Sunday, January 17, 2016

A First at HOP

Today I spoke in Chinese at our House of Praise Sunday service.

I wanted to have more time to share the message and have small group discussion. 

I don't think I did a wow job, but I just pray that the Holy Spirit spoke to them about His heart. I leave the long term results to Him.  Overall, it was a very interesting experience. I will share again on April 17th.

The message today was from Luke 2:22-35. And as always, I learned so much from this short passage.

Simeon held a 40 day old baby and proclaimed these words --
"Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace, According to Your word; For my eyes have seen Your salvation, Which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples, A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES, And the glory of Your people Israel."

A 40 day old baby as God's salvation, as a light of revelation to the Gentiles, as the glory of God's people Israel.

How astounding!

Simeon could have sang these words only because --  "the Holy Spirit was upon him".

So, my challenge for believers today was that the Holy Spirit is upon us. We need to see life through the eyes of the Holy Spirit or we will easily miss seeing what Simeon recognized!

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 132: 15」的圖片搜尋結果



No comments:

Post a Comment