Friday, January 3, 2020

No Date...

Well... this was to be the first Friday of 2020... and we were to go on our date... but Alan was busy with things... and so we didn't have a date... Too bad as I had a restaurant picked out that had his favorite food... Maybe next week... I will let Alan decide and initiate as he makes more sacrifice to watch a Chargers game than he does for our date! That's what I told him... I also realized that although we set having a weekly date as our couple goal, it's really my goal as I see carving time out to connect as a way to build and grow our marriage relationship. But it's not really his goal. I wonder if he's motivated to make it happen, so I asked him about this! He goes on our weekly Friday Dates just so that he can have lunch because he's hungry! That's his intrinsic motivation for going out on our date, meaning if he's not hungry, he'll forget that Friday is set aside for 'date with Lovely'! We had a very eye opening and honest talk. I want to respect him and not 'nag' him into making our marriage relationship a priority!

I got lots of household chores accomplished... plus errands done... So, it was a very productive day!

The kids were home early as Abby doesn't work on Fridays anymore and Isaiah didn't have his basketball practice as it's the week before finals...

They have to really focus as their big accounting test is on Sunday! Too bad as they're going to miss another Sunday! Last week was the basketball tournament and this week will be their accounting final... I hope they make it to the last part of my talk... It's a very relevant topic: How do I resist evil?

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 4: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment