Friday, January 17, 2020

Braving A Trip to Costco!

Since I had pictures to pick up, Alan and I decided to go to Costco. I had said to ride the scooter, but Alan insisted driving...

What a mistake!

The traffic around there was so bad as people wanted to shop for flowers (Costco is right next to the Flower Market) and purchase gifts for year-end dinner and the upcoming Chinese New Year! We parked at another shopping mall... Alan went to Costco and I went to RT Mart!

Alan also went to look for ski pants. We don't know anyone who has a pair his size!

In the afternoon, Alan and Abby went to watch the UBA -- University Basketball Association, while Isaiah went out with Vikki after his morning tennis practice. I went for a run and busied myself with dinner prep and getting Mom settled. Oh... this morning when I was dropping Mom off at the Elderly Care Center, a lady cornered me to talk. Her husband is 82 and she's 77. He is at the Center, but she is quite frustrated with caring for him. He argues with her for the simplest things, even like taking a shower. I told her, my mom does that too... My mom can't remember and insists that she took one already. Anyhow, I prayed for her, standing there at the parking garage. She was feeling so discouraged and downcast as her husband said that after Chinese New Year, he doesn't want to come at all. Please pray for Mr. and Mrs. Su. She didn't think that their golden years would be quite like this. He has early stages of Alzheimer's. She would like for him to come every day and full time, meaning from 9:30 to 4:30.

This evening we had Family Time!
Image result for Psalm 16:1


2 comments: